Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Vintage Merry Christmas

A Vintage Merry Christmas

We have been posting vintage Christmas photos all over our Facebook and Instagram pages since before Thanksgiving.  I guess you could say there is a slight addiction here at MVA to all things vintage and we went a little crazy here at Christmas time. 

We all remember the ornaments and decorations our parents and grandparents had on their trees when we were young.  Some they still have, some have been lost over the years, but when we see them again, or one similar somewhere else, it always takes us back to our childhood.

When I bought my first tree as a college student, I went out and bought all new ornaments from Wal-Mart and some more decorative ones from local boutiques.  I loved the bright new shiny balls and the cute decorative characters.  As the years have passed, and my love for vintage has grown, I am now replacing all my modern decor and ornaments with vintage pieces.  We bought way more than we could sell this year in our booths so after Christmas, when we pull all the left overs out of the booths, my personal collection is getting a new (old) makeover!

Below are some of our Christmas pictures from around the house, yard sale scores, auction boxes and pics from our booths.  Some of we are keeping for our own collections and some has already sold, but it's all awesome and since Christmas is almost here, I wanted to share these one last time.

























Wishing everyone a safe and Merry Christmas!

Casey
Modern Vintage Antiquing

No comments:

Post a Comment