Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Busy Weekend... Auctioning and Fleatiquing!

Saturday my son and I visited a hidden gem in Fayetteville.  The shop is called "The Place Where Treasures are Found".  They are located at 5975 E. Huntsville in Fayetteville.  As you are headed through Baldwin on your way to Elkins, they will be on your right., and they sit back off the road so you have to be watching for the sign. This shop is home to 100 vendors and is owned by a very nice couple.  I would put this shop in the "Fleatique" category.

You can check them out on facebook: The Place Where Treasures are Found

Tyler and I were both impressed with their selection.  Tyler picked a clock and a couple of small glass bottles for his collection.  I picked up a miniature tea cup that was stamped "occupied japan" on the bottom for $1.  I also purchased a couple of pink depression glass saucers.

There were a couple of nice collections in the shop that I fell in love with! The first was the Fire King Jade-ite.


 I love Jade-ite and I have noticed a lot of activity with it on ebay and etsy.  I also found a great guide for folks interested in collecting Jade-ite.  It gives a brief history and talked about vintage Jade-ite vs. reproductions.  This is important information if you are collecting Jade-ite and want to be sure your collection is authentic.

Check it out HERE!

They also had an amazing collection of Fostoria dishes, lots of oil lamps and cute Fire King and hobnail pieces.



Next we went to "Me & the Flea Market" in Springdale.  This was also a new store for me.  We put this store int he "Flea Market" category. The shop is located at 4388 N. Thompson.

Visit their Facebook page HERE!

They had a great Frankoma collection.  I only own one Frankoma piece by I'm very interested in starting a new collection with it.  Frakoma was founded in 1933 and produced some amazing pieces over the years.

There is great writeup on Frankoma at Wikipedia and can be found HERE! 

Once of the things I like about Frankoma is it is easy to find and individual pieces are inexpensive so it's a good item for a new collector to start out with.  Now most shops don't have collections this large, but you can usually find individual pieces sprinkled around in just about all of the "Fleatique" and "Flea Market" shops we talk about.



 I also picked up a great locker for $5. I will be giving this to a super talented friend to refinish and maybe even make into a table! I'm so excited to see what she comes up with! Don't you just love creative people!?



On Sunday Jim & Dan accompanied me to Don Guthery's auction.  Don typically has his auctions at his place in Johnson but this week they were at a residence (outdoors) in Siloam Springs.  Unfortunately the weather was cold and raining, so we didn't stay long, but they had a great turn out!  We did pick up a clock for Tyler and they had an awesome lot of old matchbox cars.  We ran into a fellow auction goer a couple of hours later and he said that the matchbox collection went for $500!




 It was a busy weekend for sure. Check back for more of our weekly and weekend outings! We are always coming across cool pieces to share.  Are you looking for something specific? Send me an email of what you are looking for and I'll keep my eye out for it!

Happy Hunting!
Casey



No comments:

Post a Comment