Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Vintage Cookie Jar Collections

Last week Jim and I were at Cornerstone Auction House and we picked up a black Americana piece.  It was the "Cooky" half of the "Mammy and Cooky" cookie jar set.  Cooky was not in perfect condition as he had a couple small areas that was missing some paint, but other than that he was great!  Jim has always been drawn to the black Americana salt and pepper pieces, so this was right down his alley.  There was a salt and pepper set with it but we didn't win that bid.  I quickly Googled Cooky and found all kinds of crazy numbers attached to him.  I found we he had sold on Ebay numerous times ranging from $76 to $128 and at separate times and I found him listed on an auction site as having a value of between $200-$400 dollars.  We have him listed on Ebay and hope to turn a small profit!

As I was researching Cooky, I discovered a whole new world of vintage cookie jars.  I had never paid much attention to them but decided to take a closer look.  Companies like McCoy, Brush Pottery, American Bisque, Red Wing and Hall have very collectable vintage cookie jars.  They are fun to research and look great sitting on your kitchen cabinet.  Consider a cookie jar collection if you are looking to start collecting something new.


Happy hunting!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment