Thursday, May 9, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

Busy Busy Busy!

We have been so busy lately.  Here's a little bit of an update on what we've been so busy doing....

Last weekend was the spring craft fair weekend.  Hundreds of vendors were in NWA at multiple events around the area, including War Eagle, and the big craft fair at the Sprindale Holiday Inn.  We are not huge craft fair goers, but did make it to events both Friday and Saturday. 

Friday night we visiting the vendors that were set up at the Frisco Station Mall in Rogers.  It started out as a trip to the Samaritan Shop there in the same location and it was just a bonus that the craft vendors were set up.  We met some very nice people and picked up a great selection of magnets.  A lot of these have already sold but you can check out what's left in our booth.

Prior to the Frisco Station stop, we hit up the Goodwill stores in Springdale and Rogers. We scored big in Rogers!  Springdale was good too!

On Saturday morning our intention was to hit up the 20 mile Hwy 59 Pickin' Time sale between Siloam Springs and Decatur.  Unfortunately the weather was cold and wet.  Most vendors decided to hold off on setting up so we just ended up hitting some of their local flea markets and antique shops.  We picked up some great deals there too!

After our stop in Decatur, we stopped at the craft fair in Springdale, visited with vendors, then went to Cornerstone Auction House in Avoca.  Cornerstone always has a nice selection and a friendly staff.

Sunday afternoon we went and checked on our booth at the White Elephant Emporium in Fayetteville. Lots of items had sold so we went back home, gathered up some new inventory and took it back down and did some rearranging.

Monday night we worked on painting and pricing from over the weekend. 

Tuesday after work I stopped back by the booth.  A ton of stuff was missing!  I was so excited!  I went home and Jim and I loaded the car back up and took another load of stuff back to the booth.  When we got home I started looking at my Spreadsheet (yes, I'm a spreadsheet junkie) and moved a lot of stuff from my inventory list to my @WhiteElephant list and also moved a ton of stuff from my @WhiteElephant list to my sold@WhiteElephant list.  I keep pretty good records of everything we buy, where it's purchased, what we paid for it and how much it's selling for.  This allows me to keep an eye on sales for the month.  So for our first 11 days At the White Elephant, we have sold over $300 in merchandise!  That made me very happy!  Not only to be moving product, but to be validated that other people like the same stuff we do!  The booth has proven to be a lot of work but a lot of fun!

Wednesday night Jim and I took a trip to Hobby Lobby for supplies, then I worked on cleaning up the work area.  Currently we have most everything in the living room(extra inventory, furniture to paint, tools & supplies) My 12 year old son informed me that it was time to clean it up!!  So I spent about an hour last night trying to organize everything.  I must say it's a much more pleasant place to be now.
Tonight we are going to go check out the auction in Eureka Springs @Eureka Auctions & Market.  I've been wanting to go for the past few weeks.  They have it every Thursday night. 

So that's what we've been so buys doing lately!  I hope the weather is nice this weekend!  I'm going to put together a yard sale list for Saturday morning and hopefully some of the vendors that go rained out last weekend will be able to have a sale this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment